Thursday, April 02, 2009

Passover Coca-Cola...

I recently learned of the existence of Passover Coca-Cola, which doesn't have high fructose corn syrup, but actual, real sugar.

Passover Coke, otherwise known as Kosher Coke, can be spotted in stores by its yellow bottle-top, which also sports some neato Hebrew words on the cap.

Kosher Coke supposedly tastes great because corn syrup leaves an aftertaste, and sugar is what God intended to use in Coca-cola. It seems that everyone in the world in the know who likes soda stocks up on it during Passover, because it's authentic and a classic. Coke started adding corn syrup to their soda in 1985.

I spotted some Kosher Coke in the supermarket today. I'm not a soda drinker normally, but I had to try it.

Let me tell you, it was frickin' GREAT! If they made it all year long, I'd probably drink it every day. Wow. I'm going to stock up so that on special occasions I can bring out the Kosher Coke like it's a fine bottle of wine.

Now you know: Coke with yellow bottle caps with Hebrew on them = Awesome.

No comments: